Terms of Service
By accessing the "Herpy Reference Archive" website ("Site") you agree to the following terms of service. If you do not agree to any or all of these terms, then please do not access the Site.
- The Site reserves the right to change these terms at any time.
- If you are a minor, then you will not use the Site.
- The Site is presented to you AS IS, without any warranty, express or implied. You will not hold the Site or its staff members liable for damages caused by the use of the Site.
- The Site reserves the right to delete or modify your account, or any content you have posted to the Site.
- You will only post reptile-related images, as the Site is not meant as a furry image board.
Please observe the following general rules during use of the Site:
- Please post images in the correct categories.
Everything on the Site is arranged by specific categories so please choose the correct section for the image(s) that you want to post. Images that are not in the appropriate category will be either relocated or deleted by the moderators.
- You are forbidden to use the Site to upload any of the following:
- Child pornography: Any photograph or movie that depicts real children in a sexual manner. This includes nudity, explicit sex, and implied sex.
- Live images of an adult nature: due to laws requiring certain records to be kept when live models are used, no live images of an adult nature (this includes photomorphs or photomanipulations of live images) are to be posted.
- Bestiality: Any photograph or movie that depicts real humans engaged in sexual intercourse (either explicit or implied) with other non-human animals. To clarify, this only means photos and video. This is an anthropomorphics site, after all.
- Watermarked: Any image where a person who is NOT the original copyright owner has placed a watermark on the image.
- Do respect the rights of artists.
The Site believes in fully respecting the rights of artists who spend many hours creating quality work for you and in order to show this respect, we ask that you observe the following rules when posting. Note that they will be enforced by the moderators by deletion and if necessary banning of repeat offenders.
- Don't post an image if the individual artist can be found on the following list.
- Don't post an image if it is commercially available. A non-complete list of commercial sources include:
- CD or DVD collections
- art from online sales venues (like FurBid-SF, Fur-E-Auction, E-Bay, etc.)
- content of websites that requires payment for access (such as SexyFur, ClubStripes, etc.)
- Don't post unauthorized edits of images made by other artists.
Please note that we will honor art removal requests only from the legal copyright holder of the art. Simply commissioning artwork from an artist does not automatically transfer copyright of that image to the commissioner. If you find a commissioned piece on this site that you wish to see removed, you must go through the copyright holder (typically the original artist). The intention of this policy is not to give anyone a hard time. It is only to make sure that artists' copyrighted works are protected. Furthermore, note that any Do Not Post (DNP) requests or complaints posted in the image comments will be disregarded.
If you are not on the list above and wish to have your works removed you have two options:
- One-Time Request: If you can prove that you own the copyright of an image (signature or distinctive style) and can prove that you are indeed the creator of said image, then you can contact the gallery admin and request the removal of the image. Note that this procedure is only a one-time removal and that you will need to do it again if said image appears in the future.
- You can have yourself added to the above linked DNP list. Please keep in mind that the DNP list is strictly limited to artists. Only the artist (or, in rare cases, their legal representative) may add his or her self to the DNP list. Because of previous issues with certain people trying to impersonate artists, it is important for us to do our best in confirming the identity of those requesting an addition to the DNP list. Otherwise, we run the risk of allowing someone else to run around using your name and/or taking control over your work. I think we can all agree this would be a very bad thing. DNP requests may be EMAILED to the gallery admin and they will be immediately processed after confirmation of identity. We will need a link to your online gallery and/or website(s) and will also need to see one of the following:
- The email address you are mailing from listed on the gallery/website
- A post to your gallery/website confirming your request for DNP
If you have filed a trademark on a character, we are open to the possibility of a DNP addition. If you have been issued a federal trademark by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (or the equivalent in your country of residence), please contact the admin by email for information.
Lastly, any request may be subject to additional requirements as may be needed to confirm your identity.