Thank you for joining Herpy - the Reptile Lovers' Community! Our website has the largest searchable database of reptile, dragon, and dinosaur "reference material" on the Internet, and our discussion boards boast a handful of forums catered to the community's interest in reptiles and all things scaly.
Please note that you will be unable to log in to the forums with a gallery account and vice versa, for security purposes there is separate registration for both sections of our website.
The following rules are in place so everybody can have an enjoyable time here at Herpy. Those who choose to step outside of the boundaries of them will be given appropriate warnings before further actions may be taken.
1. Profiles, Avatars, & Signatures
The discussion forums of Herpy are meant to be work-safe, please keep this in mind when you use an avatar or signature. Keep all graphics safe for work/public (e.g. no adult or suspect material) and please do not use signatures that are large, annoying, or disruptive to browsing the forum and reading threads.
2. Posting New Threads
Before you post a new thread please consider the following:
- Make sure you are using the correct forum. (for example: don't post about dragons in the "Crocodilians" forum).
- Take a moment to see if your thread or one similar to it has already been posted within the front 3 to 4 pages of that forum, and if it has please add to the discussion in the existing thread instead of posting a new one.
3. Posting Messages
To keep Herpy and enjoyable place for reptile lovers from all walks and interests keep the following posting rules in mind:
- Do not spam or post off topic messages in threads.
- We try to maintain a certain level of maturity and quality in posts here. Very immature posts are frowned upon, and constantly repeated spelling and grammatical errors -- like not using punctuation or a lot of shortenings -- will lead to a temporary ban. Example: "ey man im gd thx u".
- Do not "hijack" or derail a discussion in a thread (unless the thread in question is the "Let's Talk" chat thread in The Lounge).
- Please try to contribute to the discussion in a thread, posting very short one-sentence or few word replies is forbidden as they are counted as spam.
- Making several posts in a row is forbidden unless a "bump" is necessary. A bump post should also say that it is a bump post. If you have something more to say after you already made a post; there is a Edit Post button. Use it. If you wish to reply with quotes, there is a multi-quote function and button, so that all quotes end up in the same post. (Please note that occasionally when posting large stories or other writings you may reach the forum's length limit. If so, you may post multiple times in a row to share your work.)
- Do not swear or use profanity/slurs in excessive amounts or against other members. We can tolerate a little "fuck" here and there, as long as you dont say something like "fuck you" or make another similar insult to a member of this forum.
- Do not insult, demean, or otherwise attack other users for any reason whatsoever, especially on a personal level.
- Do not post in colors, please. You can use colors for organizational purposes in long posts, but don't format your entire posts with crazy colors.
- Adult material is allowed, but if you are posting adult links or content please use the NSFW Post Icon () or put "NSFW" in your thread title.
- Roleplaying is fun and fine, but please keep in-character posting to the designated Board Games and Role Playing forums.
- Excessive harassing of Herpy members outside of these forums (such as Fur Affinity, DeviantArt, messengers) can lead to a ban here in special cases. We urge harassed members to utilize the block/ignore systems provided to them, however we understand certain users may prevail in harassing nonetheless. Users who go out of their way to bother or insult members outside of Herpy will face bans on this forum.
- All forum rules are in effect in ALL official Herpy subsites and online communities (MSN Chatroom, etc) unless otherwise noted in the rules for each individual service.
4. Using Special Forum Features
- Blogs are made for making entries and notes about you and your life, not a place to post poetry, stories or start discussions. Please use appropriate subforums for posting poetry and discussions.
- Comments on articles posted by our writing staff follow all of the same rules as regular forum posts (do not spam, easy on profanity, no insulting or trolling, etc).
5. Reporting Bad Posts
If you see anybody on Herpy breaking rules or being otherwise unsavory to the community please utilize the "Report" () button on the offending posts and a Moderator will be notified of the situation and deal with it accordingly. This is the most efficient and easiest way to ensure bad posts are dealt with.
Harassment that takes place via profile messages and private messages on Herpy can be reported like normal posts and the staff will see it. To report harassment to you outside of Herpy please provide screencaps of the evidence and PM it to the moderators/administrators of the forum. We will take a look at it and attempt to come to a verdict for these on a case-by-case basis.
Thank you for reading our community rules and we hope you enjoy your time here at Herpy!