PDA

View Full Version : Wild Fandramon Appeared!

Fandramon
01-04-2010, 03:53 AM
Okay, put down those pokeballs! [and while we're at it, any other balls you might have on hand too :lol: :snappy:]

Anyways, hiya everyone, another newb here :3 I had one of those "sudden realizations" sometime last year that I've pretty much always been a "furry", although it's sort of always bothered me that any other critter without fur also gets thrown into that jumbled mess too XD So it's nice to be where the scaly folks hang out, since they're my favourites :3
While I don't really consider myself a dragon or reptile, [I'm more the type to, hm, idolize them I suppose? :blushing: I mean I feel that I don't have that "majesty" that dragons seem to have, if that makes any sense ^^;]. My actual fursona is the next best thing: a cat in a dragon suit! :mrgreen: I do have a deamon who is a crocodile most of the time [well, he's pretty much always been around me, but only after I got into the Golden Compass/His Dark Materials series I was like "hey, that's what you are!" XD]. I do have my alternate digi-drasona, which is the username I'm using, but I haven't had much luck putting together any decent designs, the name is pretty much all I've got down.
I'm not really all that good with intros, but since I noticed that there's no gender option in the profiles, [unless I'm blind], just know that I hatched as, and still am, a female [in a female body...gosh all those gender/orientation terms get confusing sometimes ^^;], and am also hetero :3 I think I might be a minority in here, but I'm used to that I guess XD In school I couldn't stand the gossip girls and always hung out with the guys anyways :B video games, anime and dirty jokes totally beat out entertainment and fashion anyways :roll:
Just a preemptive warning that I tend to use emotes instead of punctuation at the end of a sentence most of the time, because text is bland and inexpressive... I do take the extra effort to type coherently though. Hopefully that isn't a problem ^^;
I also have 4 adorable little Leopard Geckos, but I'm sure there's a pet pic thread somewhere I can spam later XD
Hmmm, I could ramble on about my past as an animal and reptile fan, or maybe my other interests, but I don't want to put anyone to sleep, this post has gotten kinda lengthy already, haha :blushing:

Well anyways, it's nice to be here and meet you all! :happydino: *waves* [these emotes are awesome as well by the way]

Green
01-04-2010, 06:16 AM
welcome :)
and thank you for a long introduction :hugs:

Taaro
01-04-2010, 09:08 AM
Well hello and welcome Fandramon. :D Yes, we dragons are something to idolize! :mrgreen: NOT REALLY So I can see you would be a good addition to the Herpy community, and yes, speaking coherently makes us happy. :lol:

Dialga2
01-04-2010, 03:49 PM
I have one question... what type of dragon are you?

Dragonluv3r
01-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Welcome to Herpy Fandramon!
Well....erhm....yes, there's no need to hide the truth: females are rather rare on Herpy (you're the second one I think...) XP

Fandramon
01-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes everyone! :3

I find that I'm more unlike a [stereo]typical dragon I guess, I seem to be the comedic relief character in a trusted group I suppose; otherwise I do my best to stay quiet keep to myself. It's a weird contrast, probably a gemini thing :B

Welcome to Herpy Fandramon!
Well....erhm....yes, there's no need to hide the truth: females are rather rare on Herpy (you're the second one I think...) XP
Oh yea, it's revolution time! [well, not really XD]. That's an interesting stat to keep in mind. Just like most of my Game Dev. courses, there were like, 5 girls in most of the classes, myself included, so yea, I'm used to it XD

@Dialga2: Hmmm, I'm probably more of an eastern type dragon I think, one that cam shapeshift/transform, since that'd be my most wanted special ability...because then I could be whatever I want whenever I want! That's probably a loophole ability though, since most people like to use answers like "I want wings to fly!" to questions like that XD [I've had dreams of flying with wyvern-like wings - it's freaking hard work to fly like that, I like the eastern dragon "flying through magic" ability instead :p]

Dialga2
01-05-2010, 09:09 PM
hm many abilities you have. hopefully they dont become a burden

Dracokon
01-05-2010, 09:56 PM
Hehe we're all a minority of some kind here, but Herpy is where none of that matters. :3

I'm Kon, one of two folks currently in charge of overseeing the operations of this place (Ethology is the other one of us here). I'm always happy to have fresh mea-I mean, new snack-NEW USERS join the community! :mrgreen:

Nieragon
01-06-2010, 01:54 AM
Hello and Welcome to Herpy Fandramon :happydino:
You sound like a perfect addition for our wonderful community. I don't think it will matter that you don't really consider yourself a dragon or reptile, but you "idolize" them so that is more than enough in my eyes. :D

I couldn't stand the gossip girls and always hung out with the guys anyways :B video games, anime and dirty jokes totally beat out entertainment and fashion anyways :roll:
Ok obliviously you are going to fit in here perfectly since there is more male than female members here and it is a good thing that you don't mind a dirty joke because it can get a little naughty around here sometimes. :twisted: and beat out entertainment?? do have a example of such a thing? I am intrigued..
Awww you have Leopard Geckos I bet they are very cute.. :abiggrin:
So have fun here and dont be a stranger aye.. :laughdragon:

Fandramon
01-06-2010, 03:52 AM
Hello and Welcome to Herpy Fandramon :happydino:
You sound like a perfect addition for our wonderful community. I don't think it will matter that you don't really consider yourself a dragon or reptile, but you "idolize" them so that is more than enough in my eyes. :D

I couldn't stand the gossip girls and always hung out with the guys anyways :B video games, anime and dirty jokes totally beat out entertainment and fashion anyways :roll:
Ok obliviously you are going to fit in here perfectly since there is more male than female members here and it is a good thing that you don't mind a dirty joke because it can get a little naughty around here sometimes. :twisted: and beat out entertainment?? do have a example of such a thing? I am intrigued..
Awww you have Leopard Geckos I bet they are very cute.. :abiggrin:
So have fun here and dont be a stranger aye.. :laughdragon:
Thanks for the welcome! :3

I just mean stuff like tabloids and that random useless entertainment kind of news that no one really should care about [like OMG John & Kate + hate?!! Bennifer is split, whut?! XD] For example, you could ask me who my favourite actor/actress is and I won't have an answer because I don't pay attention to/care about that kind of thing :confuseddgn: [got asked that at work the other day, lol, totally pulled a blank, so I just went along with the few I remembered that I didn't like and changed the convo flow XD]

I posted a couple pics of my little dragons in the Lounge area, though a few are slightly old, I should take a few new photos sometime, if I manage to nab my dad's digicam [I should really get my own]

[OT: Been getting some sql error around here lately, what's up with that? :suspicious:]

Nieragon
01-06-2010, 04:29 AM
Been getting some sql error around here lately, what's up with that?
Too many connections think.. :roll:
I always draw blanks at questions like that to.. :lol: but thats mainly because i dont remember names... Sigh.. I have a strange sence of humor too.. well thats what others think, shows like The Mighty Boosh, and other slightly irregular things you get out there.. :lol:
I saw your little ones and they are sooooo cute. :abiggrin:

Dracokon
01-06-2010, 05:09 AM
Well to address the "GENERAL ERROR" that shows up, I believe Varka uses the Herpy server for general testing purposes. I know at one point he was testing some stuff for the AGNPH website and that was bringing up the same error a few months ago. It could just be an artifact from a project he is working on.