PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Empty Shadow
05-15-2008, 05:19 PM
I would like to apologize on behalf of the Moral Majority for making your life's hell. With that said I am not a herpephile, but someone close to me is.

It hurts me to watch them struggle with the lifestyle they have inherited. I know it isn't something that is for me but I still feel their pain. Sometimes I used to ask myself, "What are you doing? You know this person isn't the kinda person you hang out with, what makes them special?" I then sought to examine my own morals and beliefs to try to make sense of it all.

What it came down to for me was a couple things. First off the Golden Rule, to treat others the way you want to be treated. If I had a fascination that did not line up with the Moral Majority would I want to live in fear of being found out and be afraid to allow personal relationships? No. In fact I expect open mindedness and that is what I should give to others. I like pepperoni pizza but someone else likes pineapple on their pizza. But just because more people like pepperoni the pineapple pizza eater is the outcast. It just seems so silly when put on a small level.

The second thing I looked at is how religious people are really good at judging others. Although I have noticed that some people will look at someone who is living a 'moralistic' life and judge them selfs. You just have to be comfortable with who you are, but that is easy for me to say. The Bible says over and over that we shouldn't judge, because for the measure we judge we will also be judged. Even Jesus spent most of his time with the outcasts of his time. So it angers me that fellow Christians can be some of the most hurtful. It can be easy to get lost in "Trying to become a good person." and end up causing more damage than good.

The third thing I evaluated was friendship. One of the things I was most proud of was how great of a friend I was. How I treat the others around me is one of the most important things to me. So when I realized I was shutting out people who could be even better friends to me than those I had allowed because they had similar interest, I was disappointed in myself. I had been missing out. A friend is a friend, is a friend, no matter what they like that you don't.

I'm not sure what you will get out of this but the apology is sincere. There are a few people out there that do understand and that are willing to not judge, but look within.

Dracokon
05-15-2008, 08:21 PM
I don't believe my eyes, an avid church-goer who DOESN'T whack the "ill-minded" with the Bible every chance he gets. :o You are certainly a rarity Shadow, most of the people I have run into from the church are pretty crazy and god only knows what they'd say to me if they found me out. I don't attend church if you haven't guessed by now.

You sound like an honest person, your friend is very lucky to have someone to be open with offline. Funny pizza comparison but I got it, I also happen to like pineapples (and pepperoni) on my pizzas. Now I'm hungry!

Empty Shadow
05-15-2008, 08:35 PM
I don't believe my eyes, an avid church-goer who DOESN'T whack the "ill-minded" with the Bible every chance he gets. :o You are certainly a rarity Shadow, most of the people I have run into from the church are pretty crazy and god only knows what they'd say to me if they found me out. I don't attend church if you haven't guessed by now.

You sound like an honest person, your friend is very lucky to have someone to be open with offline. Funny pizza comparison but I got it, I also happen to like pineapples (and pepperoni) on my pizzas. Now I'm hungry!
It is sad that someone like me is as rare as you claim. I'm rather popular in my Church and am very well liked, yet I know that if I ever let them know that I just so happen to feel sorry for people like you guys, I am likely to be disowned or thought to be confused about something. But I'm not confused and the concept is simple.

I am just as lucky to have my friend as he is to have me. Where it not for this friend I would have failed to realize the error in my ways. Yea you will have to excuse me but I'm use to dumbing things down for people, but you guys seem to be a very clever bunch.

scaler
05-15-2008, 09:57 PM
What an interesting post. You say your friend is a herpephile, but you did not mention how you know this. Did you find out, or did they confide in you?

I wish to pose a hypothetical question to you that you are under no obligation to answer. If you accept people for who they are and wish to treat them as you would be treated, regardless of a certain personality trait (such as herpephilia), would you be equally as accepting and welcoming to a pædophile (that has not broke the law)?

Empty Shadow
05-15-2008, 10:13 PM
What an interesting post. You say your friend is a herpephile, but you did not mention how you know this. Did you find out, or did they confide in you?

I wish to pose a hypothetical question to you that you are under no obligation to answer. If you accept people for who they are and wish to treat them as you would be treated, regardless of a certain personality trait (such as herpephilia), would you be equally as accepting and welcoming to a pædophile (that has not broke the law)?
They confided in me. But It was very gradual. It wasn't just one big confession, it was part of who they are and the more I got to know them, the more that was revealed to me. But this was not a one way street, I could confide in them as well and they learned more and more about me.

I will admit that this 'accepting' attitude is rather new to me, and that this is only the beginning. The fact that I was just as close to my friend as they were to me, made it really hard to feel hatred for what they confessed. All sin can be forgiven and I think no one is hopeless. I think everyone out there deserves a friend who they can open up to. I would like to think I could be accepting of all situations, but I know that I can't help everyone.

Nyokirrr
05-17-2008, 08:58 AM
lol @ evangelists, fundamentalists and hypocrites. 'S all I wanna say.

Faunoiphilia
05-18-2008, 01:52 AM
i'm glad you're such a good friend. i've told people but seeing as i'm the youngest in this forum it is different with people my age- they are more accepting...
i used to be christian so my question to you:
as you referred to sin in your last post, have your views changed? and how do you treat your friend, like anyone else or different?
-Wyveragon

Empty Shadow
05-18-2008, 03:10 AM
i'm glad you're such a good friend. i've told people but seeing as i'm the youngest in this forum it is different with people my age- they are more accepting...
i used to be christian so my question to you:
as you referred to sin in your last post, have your views changed? and how do you treat your friend, like anyone else or different?
-Wyveragon
Sin is a very very complicated idea. In the Old Testament it is strictly outlined through rules and regulations, like not being able to eat certain types of meat. But if as a Christian if I eat pork is it a sin? To me it isn't but to someone else it could be. It is in the Biblical law that you must was your dishes before and after you eat. Why would something silly like that be in there and why would I mention it? Basically because (to me) Old Testament law was basically God protecting his people from things they did not have the information to understand. In the modern era we know scientifically that meats not cooked properly are dangerous for our health, and that the importance that the things we eat off of are clean. On the same note we now know that sexual contact with other species can also be harmful, not only for them but for us. If we cook a dangerous meat properly is it godly to eat it? If you have the sexual contact with an animal safely does that mean what you've done is not a sin?

To me a sin is something that separates you from God. In this manner sin is built upon your own moral code and not one that is generally held by the masses. But I do want to make it clear that even though we follow our own set of morals we still break them and are 'sinful.'

The above interpretation has been one developing in me for a long time. I wouldn't say it changed because of meeting my friend but rather tested it and challenged my personal morals.

I do my best to treat everyone like I would treat myself, including my friend. So I (to the best of my ability) I treat everyone the same.

vhisss
05-20-2008, 06:38 PM
Wow, a person I can get to like. Now why isn't the rest of the world similar in outlook to you? A twenty percent increase to have your understanding would help make things alot easier for everybody.

For all the advances in communication across the world... we haven't been able to communicate understanding.

Which to me, was the fundamental principal of religion. To promote communication and understanding.

What a fail that turned out to be for the majority.

Empty Shadow
05-20-2008, 09:05 PM
Wow, a person I can get to like. Now why isn't the rest of the world similar in outlook to you? A twenty percent increase to have your understanding would help make things alot easier for everybody.

For all the advances in communication across the world... we haven't been able to communicate understanding.

Which to me, was the fundamental principal of religion. To promote communication and understanding.

What a fail that turned out to be for the majority.
Yea, I have been told many times how 'likeable' I am, but I do appreciate the compliment. I think people simply don't want to think like I do, they are more comfortable sticking with the way things are. It is ignorance really.

The massive link in communication has caused more of a 'clashing' than anything. I think a lot of the refusal to understand comes from years of following tradition.

As for the fundamental principal of religion I am going to have to think on that. But for the moral majority I think communication and understanding is better then ever, although that is only achieved through the persecution of the minority.