PDA

View Full Version : Moving in....how much is the rent?

Utahraptor2002
08-24-2011, 03:13 PM
Hello everyone,

I am Utahraptor2002....yes my name has a typo, which I would like to get fixed. I couldn't find a way to do it myself, so I figure the admin has to do that right?

I was doing a google search for a herpetophile site and it was then that I discovered this place. After giving it a look, checking out some of the posts and how active it is, I found myself right at home here. I noticed you were short on some dinosaur crazy, Raptor loving, herpys. Well you have one more after my arrival. As my name suggests, I am a big fan of dinosaurs, and maybe a little too fond of the Utahraptor. I once read a story of a human and a Utahraptor having a bit of sexual exploration with eachother and it made me see dinosaurs, especially raptors in a few different ways. I am from Utah, so Utahraptor being my favorite dinosaur is not a surprise, plus its size and strength, and large muscles are perfect for a dinosaur that I would like to ummm...sleep with. I wouldn't even mind a few accidental scratches and claw marks.
I must say, not only do I have such thoughts and desires for Utahraptors, but I also have one of my own that...well I believe exists and that I will be with when my life is over. Oggie started out as my main character for a Dinotopia fanfic, but as I made out his details of his looks and personality, he became quite attractive and quite easy to fall in love with. Now the only things that keep him from being real is his visual presence and his touch. I can certainly say that now my mind is constantly occupied by thoughts of sexy raptors and somtimes even hot dragons. Even though I am attracted to a male raptor, I also love the female scalies, so you know I don't discriminate.

As far as my art and writing goes, I have been writing for about 5 years, but I am still new to it and don't have a complete story, but I have a long one that I am working on. My lack of experience causes some writing errors, mainly involving grammar, detail, and writing the story as I intend it to come out itself. I don't have many readers to critique them though, so that doesn't helpl
I used to draw pictures of raptors about the same time I picked up on writing and had two good drawings, including one of Oggie, but I lost it before it was colored. I haven't drawn since then, but i'm hoping to bring it back.

I can't really think of anything else to say right now. I can add more details later, but if you have questions, feel free to ask.

I am looking forward to joining this awesome community. I am surrounded by others who I feel comfortable talking to about this part of my life. I should be a regular member around here.

Integral_of_e_x
08-24-2011, 03:53 PM
Welcome to Herpy! Enjoy your stay around :smiledragon:

DragonCurse4
08-24-2011, 04:00 PM
Welcome to Herpy! Hope you like it here.

Turquoise Dragon
08-24-2011, 04:03 PM
Welcome. Long story? Keep at it. I've been working on one for a few years. I can tell you: don't get discouraged by the time it's taking. Would love to read it (if only parts).

StuSuSu
08-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Ohmigod, so many people joining!

Welcome to Herpy, raptor! Enjoy your stay!

GeneticRevolution
08-24-2011, 10:57 PM
Welcome, hope you enjoy it here heheh...

Aquilla Whitegate
08-24-2011, 11:03 PM
Wow we do not have many true Dinophiles here so I think you will be really a welcome sight here on Herpy. Also nice opening statements, and hope to see you in the story and art sections of our forums; as their are many members here who will be able to help you along the way in these art & story endeavors. Also that is quite a displacement across the time zones Utah to Germany, man, I also hope you get to meet your nice guy from Lizrov who is also from Germany, while your there, and again Welcome to Herpy.

Lizrov
08-25-2011, 04:44 AM
Welcome to Herpy.
I think you are right here. I find Utahraptors also cute :happydino:
I see you are live in Kaiserslautern nice to meet you :smiledragon: I live in Berlin.

Utahraptor2002
08-25-2011, 05:39 AM
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I definitely needed to find a place like this since there is nowhere else I can really go and talk about these things without being considered crazy and outcasted. Certainly with my passions and beliefs being what they are, you can be sure I wouldn't criticize and put down anyone else's no matter how crazy I might find it. With their being so many people with their own ideas and beliefs, I don't think there is a definition for the word "normal" anymore.

Thank you Turquoise Dragon for atleast showing some interest in my story. Sometimes a writer needs that kind of motivation to continue writing if there is none else.

DVORAK, thank you for the welcome and yes, I too have noticed how many new members have been joining up so quickly. I thought it was an excellent time to jump in myself.

Aquilla Whitegate, yes I noticed a few who were also into dinosaurs and raptors, which was really what made me decide I fit right in the most. In needing more dinosaur lovers, I thought I fit the need very well. I look forward to posting in the dinosaurs section very soon. Yes, the 8 hour time difference has been challenging when it comes to keeping in contact with friends and family back home. I don't know how I would do it without Facebook, lol.

Lizrov, nice to meet you as well. I have been in Kaiserslautern for 6 months now and have really enjoyed being here. I will spend two years here in which time I plan on visiting other places including Berlin. It is nice to know a local that likes Utahraptors as well. Thank you for the welcome.

This looks like a very successful and prosperous place. I look forward to contributing to it

Dracokon
08-25-2011, 10:17 AM
Hey! Awesome to see another dino lover here! :vhappydgn: I love all kinds of reptiles and such, so I guess I spread myself thin, but Utahraptors are what spurred my initial feelings of zoophilia, so I owe them a lot in that respect. :)

Also, I fixed the typo in your name. Did you register here a long time ago? The name was taken by a dormant account.

Utahraptor2002
08-25-2011, 11:39 AM
Hey! Awesome to see another dino lover here! :vhappydgn: I love all kinds of reptiles and such, so I guess I spread myself thin, but Utahraptors are what spurred my initial feelings of zoophilia, so I owe them a lot in that respect. :)

Also, I fixed the typo in your name. Did you register here a long time ago? The name was taken by a dormant account.

Ah, yes, thank you so much, Dracokon. When I signed up, I meant to put "Utahraptor2002" but my keyboard didn't respond to the "r." It was a minor issue but it bothered me alot. I would never intentionally misspell Utahraptor :p
I just recently found this place, so no I have not been around for more than three days now.

Yes, once again I proudly say that I crazy about Utahraptors, one in particular being my story character, Oggie. I have thought about other dinosaurs as possibly being attractive, but many are too big. I don't think I would mind the task of pleasing an Allosaurus or something though :happydino:

Dracokon
08-25-2011, 01:25 PM
Hey, obvious question but have you read the book Raptor Red? If you haven't... it will totally blow your mind. I promise. XD

Utahraptor2002
08-25-2011, 03:09 PM
Hey, obvious question but have you read the book Raptor Red? If you haven't... it will totally blow your mind. I promise. XD

Oddly enough I have not yet although I have always wanted to. I do have it on my computer as an audiobook, but have not gotten around to reading it. I will be sure to check it out soon now that you mention it.

My favorite dinosaur books are the Dinotopia series by James Gurney and "Raptor" by Paul Zindell. They are truly spectacular.

Dracokon
08-25-2011, 07:32 PM
Wow, dude I totally forgot about Paul Zindell. XD I read "Raptor" when I was maybe in like fifth grade. I remember he had another story, Loch, that was also pretty good. :D

And "The Doom Stone" but that one's not reptile-related. XD

Nieragon
08-25-2011, 10:37 PM
Wonderful to see you join us here at Herpy Utahraptor!

With all these new members you may see the dino section of Herpy fire up, we recently had a another raptor enthusiast join, now you grace us with your presence, hopefully there will be many more to come!

I hope you are enjoying what our community has to offer, and it nice to know you feel free to express your true self here, after all, that's what this place is about.

Utahraptor2002
08-26-2011, 01:15 AM
Dracokon, I also have read Loch and the Doom Stone, but naturally I didn't find it as good as Raptor. I was really impressed with the incredible descriptive detail that Zindell used in the book as I could almost see, hear, and smell what was going on.

I must say though that if it wasn't for the discovery of the Dinotopia books, I would never have ended up here. Dinotopia was the very beginning of a transformation from a normal life to becoming what I am today. A place where dinosaurs can live with humans in peaceful co-existence as equals makes it possible for the chance of a human and dinosaur having a romantic relationship, or atleast allows the dinosaurs to possibly learn from human mating habits and use that with another. When I created my Utahraptor character for a fanfic in which he is fascinated by humans and eventually meets the right one to become companions, well let's just say anything can happen.
The Dinotopia discovery really made me fall in love with dinosaurs in a whole new way.

Nieragon, thank you for the warm welcome. Indeed I am very excited to find this place, to contribute to its purpose, and to meet others who share the same interests. Interests, in which would be rejected by anyone else that considers themselves normal.
When I discovered my sexual attraction to dinosaurs and yes dragons as well, I thought the chance of finding a community of people, or even just one person who feels the same way would be impossible. In fact I probably would have thought that such a place as this would be too controversial to be on the Internet. I guess there are much worse things that can be found without being banned.
Now that I know such a community does exist, I took advantage and signed up right away. I really look forward to contributing to this community, especially the dinosaur section and I too hope that many frustrated herpys find their sanctuary here as I have.

The Giant Claw
08-26-2011, 10:04 AM
Hi Utahraptor2002!
I am glad that another "raptor enthusiast" joined this site. I consider my self as one of them.
You seems like a very communicative person and you have similar interests as I have. I am looking forward to read more about you in other sections of this forum :smiledragon:

Nieragon
08-27-2011, 02:53 AM
When I discovered my sexual attraction to dinosaurs and yes dragons as well, I thought the chance of finding a community of people, or even just one person who feels the same way would be impossible.
You have no idea how many times I have heard that from the members here. Just like you I was one of them to. Welcome home. :abiggrin:

Wilk
08-27-2011, 03:27 AM
Hmm, i'm little late.
Hi and welcome.

Utahraptor2002
08-27-2011, 06:36 AM
You have no idea how many times I have heard that from the members here. Just like you I was one of them to. Welcome home.

I wouldn't doubt that, but it is so true. It is as if I was meant to find this place. I am happy to call this place home.

Hmm, i'm little late.
Hi and welcome.

Never too late, my friend. Thank you.