PDA

View Full Version : Greetings, comrades

ish
07-29-2011, 11:40 PM
Hello, fellow reptiles. How might you be today?

I'm ish; obviously, I am a huge reptile fanatic. I was led to this site by my own curiosity, and was convinced to join by members DVORAK and Ravage (I thank you both). I have been coming to Herpy for the last several years, if not thumbing through the gallery, then following users on the forum. This site stoked the flame, and ultimately changed the way I view reptiles, and I am now glad to be a member of this community, which, to my knowledge, is rather tight-knit.

If you'd like more info, send a PM and we'll talk. For now though, I say, goodbye, and see you on the forums.

StuSuSu
07-29-2011, 11:48 PM
Glad to see you decided to join, bud. You've probably already read the rules twelve times over, but... Obligatory rule post (http://www.herpy.net/showthread.php?1134-Herpy.net-Forum-Rules). Just in case ;p

Hope to see you around, ish! Enjoy your stay here at Herpy!

DragonCurse4
07-30-2011, 12:01 AM
Hello and welcome to Herpy! Hope you like it here.

Nieragon
07-30-2011, 01:04 AM
Welcome ish :welcome:

Seems you are well acquainted with the forum and the gallery, though it always a pleasure to see a Herpy user emerge from the woodwork and make themself known.

This site stoked the flame, and ultimately changed the way I view reptiles, and I am now glad to be a member of this community,
Aww, Its great to hear Herpy has the power to spark up peoples true love for reptiles. Sounds like more people in this world need a good dose of Herpy.

Well, keep enjoying Herpy and what it has to offer! :abiggrin:

Ravage
07-30-2011, 01:31 AM
Большой видеть Вы, чтобы присоединиться к Выходу, я, знали, что Вы наконец придете! Так или иначе наслаждайтесь вашим временем на форуме и сделайте будьте как дома.

Welcome Ish, I hope you like it here! I know you will :3

user4558
07-30-2011, 04:48 AM
I greet you, comrade!
Enjoy your stay at Herpy.

Товарищ Ravage сделал правильное решение, пригласив вас сюда!

Loleksy
07-30-2011, 07:22 AM
It seems that everybody here knows Russian... I don't :saddragon:
But still, hello, welcome, and have a good time here with us on forum :) And with reptiles in gallery ;)

Venghze
07-30-2011, 07:31 AM
Welcome mr... lurker? ,=,

I'm sure you'll love it here!

Also Ravage, its bad manners to speak languages others dont understand. It's bad netiquette. Maybe it would be fun once if you meet a russian or something, but not in every welcome post you make.

Maraxxus
07-30-2011, 08:49 AM
Welcome mr... lurker? ,=,

I'm sure you'll love it here!

Also Ravage, its bad manners to speak languages others dont understand. It's bad netiquette. Maybe it would be fun once if you meet a russian or something, but not in every welcome post you make.

He wasn't the only one that connected comrade with Russian. I did as well.

ish
07-30-2011, 10:13 AM
I apologize for any confusion, I suppose I should have chosen a less misleading title. No, I am not fluent in Russian, nor do I use what I know (which is almost nothing) on a daily basis.

Venghze
07-30-2011, 10:40 AM
He wasn't the only one that connected comrade with Russian. I did as well.

I did too. But he writes russian in every welcome post, not just this one.

Maraxxus
07-30-2011, 10:48 AM

Oh, I'm sorry. I just barely look at the welcome posts. ^^

St._HAPPYFACES
07-30-2011, 11:28 AM
netiquette.

Lol, never heard that term before :D

Anyways... Hiya there Ish! :3

StuSuSu
07-30-2011, 11:30 AM
Lol, never heard that term before :D

netiquette; the correct or acceptable way of communicating on the Internet.

Hence the 'net' at the beginning.

Ravage
07-30-2011, 11:44 AM

Gives the new user a fun secret message, if they want to decode it then they can if not there is a separate English post I write. No one new has complained.

Loleksy
07-30-2011, 03:19 PM
I've never seen any problem in copying the foreign-language-message into Google Translator and translating it to our native language or English. I don't mind if anybody writes anything in foreign language, as soon as I know what language is it :smiledragon:

Aquilla Whitegate
07-31-2011, 02:53 AM
Net etiquette sounds like another world that will get in the dictionary like chillaxing. Anyway welcome to Herpy, and might I quite say love how you exclaimed your enthusiasm for reptiles. :smiledragon:

commisarofDragonsquad
11-06-2011, 03:14 AM
I'm amrican and use comrade a large amount in the streets I'm learning German. Oh by the way greetings comrade, fear the future and the emperor protects.

Turquoise Dragon
11-06-2011, 04:55 AM
Hey, a tad late welcome, but welcome to Herpy. Cool that you already know some peoples here. Enjoy yer stay.