PDA

View Full Version : a noobie

Xeldren
03-26-2011, 03:20 AM
i have been visiting often here on Herpy but still don't know how to do most of the things, also can anybody show me where to get some good icons for my avatar, cuz i have nooo idea where you get those.:-(

I am a male Dragon who loves videogames (yet for some reason cant find any good games with dragons in them since the old spyro games...)

anyways not much more to say about me i guess so... post away! :-P

my color is dependent on my current state of mind but i am basically a blue or light blue

DragonCurse4
03-26-2011, 03:27 AM
:welcome: Welcome to Herpy! If you're looking for pictures for your avatar there's alot of places for you to go: SoFurry.com, Photobucket.com, Yahoo Images, Google Images.

Vizholdwe
03-26-2011, 03:27 AM
Hello! :welcome:to Herpy! Good icons? Mine is from an app that I took a picture of to put on my computer. You should try googling "dragon pictures" and see what comes up. :)

P.S. My intro thread had the same title.

Xeldren
03-26-2011, 03:36 AM
P.S. My intro thread had the same title.

yea i know i seen it so...dose that make me a "copy cat" or is it dragon? :-P

Vizholdwe
03-26-2011, 03:38 AM
yea i know i seen it so...dose that make me a "copy cat" or is it dragon? :-P

No. I just think it is a amusing coincidence.

Edit: have you read the obligatory rules post yet? I know Xavos will post it here but I will ask anyway.

Xeldren
03-26-2011, 03:42 AM
the obalaga...what? yea you should probably post the link for me to see please

oh and thanks for the icon pics i will search for

DragonCurse4
03-26-2011, 03:49 AM
That's Obligatory, which means required by a legal, moral, or other rule.

http://www.herpy.net/showthread.php?1134-Herpy.net-Forum-Rules
This was what Viz was talking about. They are the rules of this forum.

Edit: Sorry Xav I kinda stole your post :grin:.

Venghze
03-26-2011, 04:01 AM
The rules are on top of all the other threads, to make sure no one misses it <,=,<

Be sure to read them carefully and obey them, and I think you will fit in here nice. Always respect other members and do not make double or more posts in a row, edit your first one instead - thats the most important I'd say.

Welcome to the forums. *shakes paw* I'm Venghze, Herpy's Marshal. And wherefrom might you be? *Steals Maraxxus' monacle and puts it on* Mmmyes, excellent randomization!

Ps. Google image search for "blue dragon", or if you want a brutal looking one, search for "dnd blue dragon". Also, try Dragon Age. That game has some pretty awesome draggies.

Maraxxus
03-26-2011, 09:49 AM
Welcome to herpy Mister Xeldren, I'm Maraxxus, I am... Uhh, what am I in here? *ahemanyways* I hope you have a fine time in here. If you're looking for a good dragon game try Dragon Age: Origins, but that's only if you like mass slaughtering of dragons for no reason at all. 83 So long.

your

You're.
nngsfffff

And curse thy, Venghze, for thy stealet my monocle off me! You can give it back now.

Wilk
03-26-2011, 10:11 AM
Welcome Xeldren.
It's true about video games with dragons and i don't like to killl them like most of the games with dragons:-P
Hope you enjoy here.

Lizrov
03-26-2011, 11:17 AM
Welcome to Herpy:-P. Im Lizrov im not so good speak english but the most I understand. Have good time here.

i don't like to killl them like most of the games with dragons:-P .
Me to :smile:

Xavos
03-26-2011, 11:19 AM
Sorry Xav I kinda stole your post.

Oh, I don't mind, someone has to do it at some point for each new user anyway.:razz:

Anyway Xeldren, welcome to Herpy!

Scythe
03-26-2011, 01:54 PM
Hi! The names Scythe, and I'm actually really busy with some music right now, so I won't say much. Nice to meet you though!

AlientKnight
03-26-2011, 02:56 PM
I hope I am not too late on this introduction thread!

Welcome to Herpy, Xeldren. Make yourself home :)

DragonCurse4
03-26-2011, 04:22 PM
You're.
nngsfffff

And curse thy, Venghze, for thy stealet my monocle off me! You can give it back now.

Heh, fixed the spelling. And if we're correcting spelling mistakes the words stealith not stealet :new wink:.

Xeldren
03-26-2011, 05:35 PM
oh yea... i really am the forgetful dragon! :lol: i did read Obligatory Rule Post
but one question remains... now what? (other than if u dont see my avatar yet it is cuz i am surching it)

oh and i like the games that the Dragons are the GOOD GUYS (wich are so few in numbers and for the sake of haveing too birds with one stone in the fact that if thay are on your side you obviously dont have to fight them) ya know

Maraxxus
03-26-2011, 06:19 PM
You won't find a lot of those, maybe Spyro.

Xeldren
03-26-2011, 06:40 PM
on the earlier thing (other than peoples spelling of which i use spell checker to cover my tail...) i found a good pic for my avatar but what is the size limit for it i have seen a thing for it before but i can't remember what numbers

Xeldren
03-26-2011, 06:48 PM
[QUOTE=Lizrov;29181]Im Lizrov im not so good speak english but the most I understand. Have good time here.

on the part where u say your not good at english i'd say your pretty good to be honast and thanks

ok how did i mess this one up? in quoteing?

Xavos
03-26-2011, 07:04 PM
Okay, first off, double posting is bad. Use the edit button in the future so Kon and I don't have to fix it for you. No punishment this time because you're just asking questions though.

For the quoting, you missed the tag at the end.

Maximum avatar size is 150 by 150 pixels.

DragonCurse4
03-26-2011, 07:08 PM
on the earlier thing (other than peoples spelling of which i use spell checker to cover my tail...) i found a good pic for my avatar but what is the size limit for it i have seen a thing for it before but i can't remember what numbers

It's 150 by 150 pixels or 69.5 KB. And try not to make a habit out of double posting, edit your previous post instead.

Edit: Looks like I was a little slow on my post, Xav already beat me to it :oops:.

Xeldren
03-26-2011, 07:14 PM
thanks i will try to make note of that dragoncurse

p.r.dragonlover
03-26-2011, 07:53 PM
Man I'm super late.Any ways welcome to herpy:welcome:.Sorry I can't say mutch I'm on google chrome and anyone can enter my room at any moment so I'm going to be quick.Nice to meet you and you seem like a nice dragon we should talk sometime later.

Xeldren
03-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Man I'm super late.Any ways welcome to herpy:welcome:.Sorry I can't say mutch I'm on google chrome and anyone can enter my room at any moment so I'm going to be quick.Nice to meet you and you seem like a nice dragon we should talk sometime later.

thanks P.R i have the same problems: the google crome, the worry of people comeing in the room, and didn't i see you on the "your a dragon when" thread?
oh and better late then never as some say eh?

Mydragonsfly
03-26-2011, 11:51 PM
also can anybody show me where to get some good icons for my avatar, cuz i have nooo idea where you get those.:-(

Well look here, I can finally help someone with this problem.

nngsfffff

Mara is that suspossed to mean something?

... now what?

Enjoy being a member of Herpy. ^^

oh and i like the games that the Dragons are the GOOD GUYS

I know of a game with dragons in it that are fighting for their survival. Think it was called Dragon Rage.

> http://ps2.ign.com/articles/166/166639p1.html

Maximum avatar size is 150 by 150 pixels.

Dont it say that where you edit your avatar? Yes it does.

Lord I hope Im not quoting too many people...

Hi there, Mydragonsfly here. Nice to meet thou. If you want any draggie pictures send me a PM.
Enjoy your time here.

Also Xeldren are you able to have them animations has avatars? Another member had an animated avvie and was told to get a different one for some reason. Not that you need to change it because of this post though.

Maraxxus
03-26-2011, 11:56 PM
Mara is that suspossed to mean something?

It's mean to represent a sound. Welcome to the internet ^^

Mydragonsfly
03-27-2011, 12:06 AM
A sound? Id ask for you to make it for me, but sound cant be sent through the net, unless, its on youtube?

Xeldren
03-27-2011, 12:13 AM
i decreased my avatar size to slightly below or at minimum so i suppose that shouldn't be a problem. besides i already know most of you guys but u don't yet know me :-P stalking anyone? :lol:

Nieragon
03-27-2011, 02:03 AM
Welcome to the forum Xeldren :welcome:

Sorry about the belated welcome.

Great to see another dragon join us here at Herpy, you should have more than enough content here about dragons to satisfy any questions about you may have about them, and if not, why not ask!

I am sure you will enjoy it here, we are a very kind and accepting community.

Have fun here aye! :abiggrin:

Xeldren
03-27-2011, 02:24 AM
ahh, Nieragon i was wondering when you'd show up! hmmm i wonder...am i forgetting anybody else? by the way how big is the welcoming party anyways?

DragonCurse4
03-27-2011, 02:26 AM
:lol: You should be thrilled Xeld, not every newbie gets this big a welcome! :abiggrin:

Vizholdwe
03-27-2011, 02:27 AM
i decreased my avatar size to slightly below or at minimum so i suppose that shouldn't be a problem. besides i already know most of you guys but u don't yet know me :-P stalking anyone? :lol:

How long did you take to study us before you joined Herpy? :lol:

Xeldren
03-27-2011, 02:31 AM
about a year on and off but then today i joined and since u put it that way curse i thank i am pleased with the size of the party :-) and i was wondering if anybody would cache the stalking the members part (which is true!)

DragonCurse4
03-27-2011, 02:32 AM
about a year on and off but then today i joined and since u put it that way curse i thank i am pleased with the size of the party :-) and i was wondering if anybody would cache the stalking the members part (which is true!)

Well I wouldn't necessarily call it stalking, more like lurking in the forums. Which I am pretty sure most members did before joining. :-P.

Xeldren
03-27-2011, 02:42 AM
ok i know i am gonna sound like a Chinese quote or something but i like to know the depth of the pool before i jump in it is just my thing :-P

Dracokon
03-27-2011, 06:00 PM
That's Obligatory, which means required by a legal, moral, or other rule.

http://www.herpy.net/showthread.php?1134-Herpy.net-Forum-Rules
This was what Viz was talking about. They are the rules of this forum.

Edit: Sorry Xav I kinda stole your post :grin:.

Or "Obligatory" meaning my old screen name from years ago. (obliGATORy)

Xeldren
03-27-2011, 07:46 PM

oh wow, learn something new everyday!:lol: and that is pretty good there

DragonCurse4
03-29-2011, 08:35 AM

That's funny :lol:! Although I got to say, I think Dracokon suits you much better :abiggrin:.