PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

Argon
03-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Hi everyone my name is Argon and i'm pretty much interested in everything reptillian. I Care for my darling pet Diamond Python Serenity whom I love with all my heart.
*edit*
Thanks Wilk for the greeting, as my profile states i'm kind of a bit wary as I am really quite new to this so forgive the briefness of my introduction i'm sure I will become more confident in the future. For those interested i have been interested in reptiles since well before primary school, and have continued to enjoy the unique character they posses.
I have limited and often frustrating artistic ability and have been working on a "Mature" Story now for around a year; despite this time frame i have devoted little time on it and as such it is merely a chapter or two long, but i would be willing to gather outside opinion of it's progress if anyone is interested and can be bothered showing me how to upload it.

Wilk
03-08-2011, 09:37 AM
Hi, i'm wilk(you may wonder what a Wolf doing here-the world is one big absurd:)
That is one short introduce, welcome to Herpy.
Hope you enjoy here:wink:

Xavos
03-08-2011, 09:58 AM
Welcome to Herpy!

http://www.herpy.net/showthread.php?1134-Herpy.net-Forum-Rules
(Obligatory rule link post.)

And also a fun little fact regarding Argon's username. Argon is derived from a Greek word meaning either "lazy" or "the inactive one". Just felt like pointing that out.:-P

Argon
03-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Interesting to know I have Always liked the name for characters and persona. Thanks for the forum link Xavos I have read it about Eight times since before I joined but may aswell re-read it for all times sake.

*Edit*
I am a little unsure where to begin as far as exploring this wonderful community goes; I have explored a little before I joined mainly to examine the quality of the community itself but more so because I did not want to become involved if the user base seemed unsavoury or to put it better unwelcoming. also on a technical note i am having trouble with my Avatar it is below the pixel size but is not appearing, troubleshoot anyone?

Xavos
03-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Interesting to know I have Always liked the name for characters and persona. Thanks for the forum link Xavos I have read it about Eight times since before I joined but may aswell re-read it for all times sake.

Always good to hear that someone's read the rules before they've joined up. I knew you'd be good as soon as I saw that you knew how to edit posts.

Stealthtyper
03-08-2011, 03:03 PM
welcome Argon! :welcome:

I hope you like it here!

DragonCurse4
03-08-2011, 05:31 PM
Hello and Welcome!!

Is there anymore you can tell us about yourself? Likes(aside from reptiles)/Dislikes or Hobbies?

Argon
03-09-2011, 05:59 AM
Thanks Stealthtyper, DragonCurse4; as to your question DragonCurse I am a big fan of gaming my favourite types would have to be RPG games such as Oblivion, Diablo 1 + 2 and many others. As for my dislikes I find it hard to compose a list off the top of my head but things like lying really aggravate me. A hobby of mine would be medievil craft; I have made things like bows, arrows, swords but have refrained from armor due to its high cost and degree of complexity.

*edit*
Your probably thinking of Aragon the spider from Harry Potter

DragonCurse4
03-09-2011, 06:18 AM
You know this has been bothering me. It feels like I have heard the name Argon (or a name like Argon) in a movie before and I just can't place it. *Sigh*. This is going to be bothering me for awhile (or at least until I can remember) :roll:. Oh well, once again welcome to Herpy :abiggrin:!

Xavos
03-09-2011, 06:55 AM
I noticed your problem with the avatar, Argon. If you're below the maximum amount of allowed pixels, you might want to make sure it's below 50.0KB in file size.

Argon
03-09-2011, 07:04 AM
I noticed your problem with the avatar, Argon. If you're below the maximum amount of allowed pixels, you might want to make sure it's below 50.0KB in file size.

Thankyou Xavos will see to it.
*edit*
Silly me I had uploaded the image as my profile picture not my Avatar, makes me feel pretty stupid, seeing as i'm the go to guy in my family when it comes to troubleshooting on computer related issues.

Also I am feeling rather daring today, so anyone care to ask me some questions about myself as I find it hard to describe myself without a direct question.
*edit2.0*
Thanks Nieragon I could possibly upload some older pics of her if you would like to see them but am not sure what requirements I have to meet to do that

Nieragon
03-09-2011, 07:54 AM
Welcome to Herpy Argon! :welcome:

Great to see another Aussie amongst us! :abiggrin:

And you have a dimond python! That is the first type of python I ever handled, And they are just so beautiful, they are definately one of my most loved Aussie snakes.
And its great to see you care so much about them.
Its wonderful to see you found your way there, I hope the forum has content that is to your liking.

Enjoy it here wont you!

Lizrov
03-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Welcome :razz:

Argon
03-10-2011, 05:17 AM
Thankyou Lizrov

*Edit*
thanks Nieragon; I don't think that came out right, what I was trying to say was do I need a gallery account or anything along those lines.
Ah, I need to use a URL but her photos aren't on the internet, maybe I will see if I can't upload it to my profile.
Nope oh well if anyone's interested I could always send them as an attachment via a PM. She's currently around 4, 4 and a 1/2 years old at a little over 2 meters long. She has a diameter of Approximately 4cm's at her thickest point and she's very strong!

Nieragon
03-10-2011, 07:16 AM
I could possibly upload some older pics of her if you would like to see them but am not sure what requirements I have to meet to do that

I dont think there are any requirements you have to meet for posting a picture of a python, its up to you. :abiggrin:

Vizholdwe
03-12-2011, 04:49 AM
You know this has been bothering me. It feels like I have heard the name Argon (or a name like Argon) in a movie before and I just can't place it. *Sigh*. This is going to be bothering me for awhile (or at least until I can remember) :roll:. Oh well, once again welcome to Herpy :abiggrin:!

just so you all know, Argon is on the periodic table of the elements (http://www.webelements.com/), #18

Hello Argon! welcome to Herpy!

DragonCurse4
03-12-2011, 05:21 AM
just so you all know, Argon is on the periodic table of the elements (http://www.webelements.com/), #18

Hello Argon! welcome to Herpy!

I know I saw that. But like I said Argon sounds like a name I heard in a fantasy movie or game. I still haven't been able to figure out which one yet.

Vizholdwe
03-12-2011, 05:23 AM
I know I saw that. But like I said Argon sounds like a name I heard in a fantasy movie or game. I still haven't been able to figure out which one yet.

what do you mean you saw that? I'm the only person that posted that. Unless you mean you noticed it.

DragonCurse4
03-12-2011, 06:04 AM
what do you mean you saw that? I'm the only person that posted that. Unless you mean you noticed it.

Since I couldn't remember which movie or game I heard that name (or a similar name) from I googled it a few days ago. And the results I mostly got back was about the Argon element. So like I said I saw that.

Argon
03-14-2011, 11:40 AM
Thanks Lazy dragon for the welcome;
oh and DragonCurse in one of my earlier posts I mentioned that you may have been thinking of Aragon from Harry Potter (the Giant Spider)

Venghze
03-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Aragon from Harry Potter (the Giant Spider)

Its Aragog. Or Aragorn from Lord of the Rings, but he's a human.

DragonCurse4
03-14-2011, 05:11 PM
Or Aragorn from Lord of the Rings, but he's a human.

Thanks Ven! That was the one I was thinking of :abiggrin:!

Argon
03-15-2011, 11:26 AM
Sorry to seem like an attention seeker but I would very much like to become a bigger part of this community but seeing how well developed many of the threads are here, I am unsure what I could add to them. So I am feeling a little left out; (Yes I know I'm new and I'm definitely a NOOB when it comes to this sort of stuff) Any Hints?

Thankyou Very much by the way Xavos for the friend request I am not very good at making new friends (Never have been) and your request was just the catalyst that I needed would be happy to PM you to get to know each other better :)
*edit*
Likewise:)
*Edit*
Thanks DragonCurse4

Xavos
03-15-2011, 06:07 PM
Sorry to seem like an attention seeker but I would very much like to become a bigger part of this community but seeing how well developed many of the threads are here, I am unsure what I could add to them. So I am feeling a little left out; (Yes I know I'm new and I'm definitely a NOOB when it comes to this sort of stuff) Any Hints?

Thankyou Very much by the way Xavos for the friend request I am not very good at making new friends (Never have been) and your request was just the catalyst that I needed would be happy to PM you to get to know each other better :)

I wouldn't really know what would be the best way for you to contribute, everyone has their own unique way of doing it. I think you might just want to pick a thread that sounds good to you so you can test the waters so to speak.

If you want to know more about me then just send me a PM asking what you'd like to know, I'm usually better at responding to specific questions rather then broad ones.

Argon
07-26-2011, 03:41 AM
Jeez have I been ignorant of the community, I haven't been active for quite a long time at least thats what I feel. So while i'm at it a big and long overdue hello to all the members at Herpy I will try and make an effort to catch up on the community issues that may be occuring/ have occured, so that I can contribute my part to conversations/ discussions that I peruse.
Also a more direct hello to Xavos and DragonCurse4 how have you both been?
Maybe, if anyone can be bothered or is interested a list of questions to re-introduce myself to everyone might be nice : )