PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Se1fD3struct1on
11-21-2010, 04:08 AM
I am Se1fD3struct1on, i am actually disappointed in myself for not finding this site sooner, But now I am here and so far I'm loving it. I'm a US Marine and I'm giving a shout out to all other service members here if there are any, and if not i am honored to be the first

HalouDoval
11-21-2010, 04:23 AM
:welcome:
hi there.

I'm not the type of guy that would go for all the discipline of the armed forces, though I am supportive of what they do.

If you'd like, you could say about your interest in reptiles 8)

:-P

Se1fD3struct1on
11-21-2010, 04:38 AM
well, ive always had a strong fasination for dragons, for as long as i can remember, as I got older, the more i knew about the internet and thus could find more and more info/pics ect. about dragons. seeing the movie Dragonheart and reading the Ineheritance trilogy, my love for dragons grew even more. After I joined the Corps i got to my duty station VMFA-323 callsign "Death Rattlers" and we actually have 2 live and still venomous western diamondback rattlesnakes in our ready room, and I learned that one of our pilots had actually rescued the female one from an injury in the Combat Arms Loading Area (CALA) and i fell in love with her. every day visit her, before and after work, and id feed her live mice every other week

HalouDoval
11-21-2010, 04:45 AM
Awwww, that's nice of you.

DragonHeart is what got me really into Dragons too. I fisrt saw it on TV, then again a few years later when by chance I saw the DVD. I watched it every day for like two weeks, it was that awesome.
Not many things have that effect on me :mrgreen:

Ember
11-21-2010, 04:52 AM
Welcome to herpy! I'm Ember, already your friend. :3 Feel right at home here, we are all so very friendly here. c: *huggles*

Se1fD3struct1on
11-21-2010, 04:54 AM
Welcome to herpy! I'm Ember, already your friend. :3 Feel right at home here, we are all so very friendly here. c: *huggles*

Ember, have u lived in england for a while? and how do u change ur custom title about ur avatar?

Raven Heart
11-21-2010, 06:20 AM
welcome to herpy its good to se a new face

Venghze
11-21-2010, 07:02 AM
Welcome!

Surprised to see a marine among us, and as far as I know, you are the first.

Im in the armed forces too, but not in the same country :3

AlientKnight
11-21-2010, 07:49 AM
Welcome to the community :3 How should I address you? I hope I don't have to shout 'self destruct' just to grab your attention, that makes me feel weird :lol:

I am quite curious why you would use this user name though, it makes me wonder. Anyway, I can see you are fitting right in! Don't hesitate to ask anything and make yourself comfortable!

Se1fD3struct1on
11-21-2010, 09:16 AM
Welcome to the community :3 How should I address you? I hope I don't have to shout 'self destruct' just to grab your attention, that makes me feel weird :lol:

I am quite curious why you would use this user name though, it makes me wonder. Anyway, I can see you are fitting right in! Don't hesitate to ask anything and make yourself comfortable!

All my xbox live buddies call me "Self" I chose this username cuz its my gamertag and its easy for me to keep track of and cuz its my user name on my clan forum. I thank you all for ur hospitality. I sall not have any problem adapting

Se1fD3struct1on
11-21-2010, 09:19 AM
Welcome!

Surprised to see a marine among us, and as far as I know, you are the first.

Im in the armed forces too, but not in the same country :3

Swedish army?

Venghze
11-21-2010, 10:27 AM
Yeah, swedish army :3

ethos
11-21-2010, 12:00 PM
how do u change ur custom title about ur avatar?
Go to Settings --> edit profile --> Custom User Title to add a customized title.

Nieragon
11-21-2010, 02:16 PM
HAY!! We have someone form the military!

Welcome Se1fD3struct1on! :welcome:

Soo.... Can you send me a few blocks of C4? I have some things I need to take care of. Drr! :lol:

Seriously, its great to see another reptile lover amongst us.. and everyone likes Dragonheart..

Its a pleasure to meet you. :abiggrin:

Scythe
11-21-2010, 03:05 PM
Aww trying to free the crocs from a zoo again Nier?

Anyway, I'm scythe, and welcome to herpy! (although I believe we've already spoken)

If you like reptiles of any kind, you will fit in here very well.

Now, for my universal question: what kind of music do you like?
It's heavy metal for me, I love hearing, and playing it :3

USMC eh? That's pretty cool! My step dad was in the air force, and I've heard a ton of military antics in my days. Would love to hear any you might have!

Ember
11-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Ember, have u lived in england for a while? and how do u change ur custom title about ur avatar?

Lived in england all my life and go to your settings, I think it's in profile setting. There, it is just underneath changing your birthday. :3

HalouDoval
11-21-2010, 09:31 PM
USMC eh? That's pretty cool! My step dad was in the air force, and I've heard a ton of military antics in my days. Would love to hear any you might have!
Ooh, ooh. My dad was in the army, with some sort of artillery brigade or something :newgeek:.
I have a few stories about what he got upto in other countries. No big deployments or battles though, so nothing massively exciting :razz:

Se1fD3struct1on
11-21-2010, 09:49 PM
[QUOTE=Scythe;24177]
Now, for my universal question: what kind of music do you like?
It's heavy metal for me, I love hearing, and playing it :3
QUOTE]

im a metalhead myself actually, Korn and Disturbed are my faves, but I also like to listen to harder stuff like Heaven Shall Burn and Nile

Se1fD3struct1on
11-21-2010, 09:53 PM
Lived in england all my life and go to your settings, I think it's in profile setting. There, it is just underneath changing your birthday. :3

heh *blush* we have something in common, though i havent spent as much time in Germany than u have in England, But when I did I loved it, I would give my life just to go back, and see my reletives

Se1fD3struct1on
11-21-2010, 09:57 PM
USMC eh? That's pretty cool! My step dad was in the air force, and I've heard a ton of military antics in my days. Would love to hear any you might have! as far as military antics go, I have tons. but Id have to PM u them cuz they are extremely vulgar :twisted:

Ember
11-21-2010, 10:36 PM
heh *blush* we have something in common, though i havent spent as much time in Germany than u have in England, But when I did I loved it, I would give my life just to go back, and see my reletives

Well don't come to England then, It's darn boring!

Se1fD3struct1on
11-21-2010, 10:54 PM
lol too late ive already been though i never went out of london...

HalouDoval
11-22-2010, 12:25 AM
lol too late ive already been though i never went out of london...
Did you see the eye?
If not, you need to next time :woot:

Se1fD3struct1on
11-22-2010, 12:33 AM
Did you see the eye?
If not, you need to next time :woot:

cant say i have, i was 9 wen i went so i dont remember everything

rep-souls
11-24-2010, 11:40 AM
as far as military antics go, I have tons. but Id have to PM u them cuz they are extremely vulgar :twisted:

oooh vulgar, sounds interesting I'd love to hear :twisted: hehehe well sorry for being super late to this introduction party, seems I've missed out on the last few, but rawrawr no time recently! hehehe so welcome to herpy, but by now I'm sure you are, and I do love me some Korn (really wish there was a way to make the "r" backwards, it always seems wrong if it isn't) and that's awesome about the snakes, I'm especially gleeful to hear that you are keeping them well fed and unchanged, I always feel kinda sad whenever I hear a snake has had their venom removed so they are "harmless". once you take away a snakes venom, they just lost something that once made them respected, but I think your signature has allot to say about that. Really though I feel the same way about most animals getting neutered, I understand why it is done, I just don't like it.

Se1fD3struct1on
11-24-2010, 11:59 AM
Thanx. ^_^