PDA

View Full Version : hey

dragongirl
11-12-2010, 07:26 AM
Obviously, I'm new here. First off, yes, I'm really a girl (not sure quite how much of a revelation that is on these forums, in some there are very few girls). I'm an engineering undergraduate at birmingham, doing a secondary in phycology, and my interests are dragons, machines in general, games (both plying, and the phycological impact of them), football (brittish football if anyone is wondering), and a few other non-descript things. I hope I can be a productive member of the community here

Mydragonsfly
11-12-2010, 08:10 AM
Welcome to Herpy dragongirl! Dragon, your interested in dragons sounds like. Girl, your a female. A name can tell about a person. Well, like I said welcome to Herpy, where reptiles is the name of the game here.

in some there are very few girls).

Some members have said that quite a wile back, Herpy was a mainly male, site.

and my interests are dragons,

As are lots of members...

games (both plying, and the phycological impact of them), football (brittish football if anyone is wondering)

Video games? 36o here. Tell me about Brittish football. Is the football shaped different? -laughs-

If you want any dragon pictueres feel free to send me a PM, and enjoy your time here.

I hope I can be a productive member of the community here.

Im sure of it.

AlientKnight
11-12-2010, 08:21 AM
:smile: It is a pleasure for us to know a new member joining our site. Yes, you are right, we do have more male than female. But I guess that won't be a problem for you to enjoy this site, will it?

By phychology, do you mean Psychology? Or is there another speciallity that I didn't know of? So in a way you are studying human science :D Good for you!

Enough said, welcome to Herpy, please feel free to wander around, take this as your second home! :welcome:

dragongirl
11-12-2010, 08:22 AM
Welcome to Herpy dragongirl! Dragon, your interested in dragons sounds like. Girl, your a female. A name can tell about a person. Well, like I said welcome to Herpy, where reptiles is the name of the game here.

I know, just thought I should establish it first, you know, to make sure people thought I wasn't a troll or anything.

Video games? 36o here. Tell me about Brittish football. Is the football shaped different? -laughs-

Have a 360 myself as well, but don't have live. Got sick of the sexist slander thrown my way every day. As for the football, it's completely different. It's called soccer over there, if you didn't guess, but if I need to explain it further, I will

If you want any dragon pictueres feel free to send me a PM, and enjoy your time here.

there's a whole gallery section on the site though, so I'm hardly short, but thanks for offering, or is there something special about what you offer?

dragongirl
11-12-2010, 08:26 AM
:smile: It is a pleasure for us to know a new member joining our site. Yes, you are right, we do have more male than female. But I guess that won't be a problem for you to enjoy this site, will it?

By phychology, do you mean Psychology? Or is there another speciallity that I didn't know of? So in a way you are studying human science :D Good for you!

Enough said, welcome to Herpy, please feel free to wander around, take this as your second home! :welcome:

Thanks for the warm welcome. No, it shouldn't be a problem, as long as the community is moderate with it's interactions, had bad experiences before on forums.

Yes, I meant Psychology. I forgot to mention I'm dyslexic (probably spealt that wrong too), though my main love is engineering. I'm having to stop myself from going on at length about how wonderful I think machines are

Mydragonsfly
11-12-2010, 08:28 AM
Football, soccer, seen them both. Something speical that I offer? Well, baseically before Herpy I paroused the internet before and afterschool searching the net for dragon pictueres. Brought them home on a USB to my home computer to look at when I got bored. 3oo+ pics strong! All g-rated though, well, a few. I started looking for sexualy orieanted pictueres before I found Herpy, thats how I found the site.

Tell us some of the games you have. We accually got a thred for that somewhere on the fourms.

dragongirl
11-12-2010, 08:35 AM
thanks, but I'll pass on the offer, don't want to cause a hassle so early on

What games do I have? Where to start? Well, the last one I got was fable 3, but I have shooters like halo or borderlands, RPGs like fallout or oblivion, guitar hero, mass effect, brutal legend, half life, team fortress 2, left 4 dead, war for cybertron, I play a lot of different games. The only games I refuse to touch are call of duty for political reasons

Rex
11-12-2010, 08:51 AM
Hey, welcome! Another engineer who likes dragons and video games? You'll fit right in here!

dragongirl
11-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Hey, welcome! Another engineer who likes dragons and video games? You'll fit right in here!

Other engineers as well? That I haven't noticed yet, but it's great to know I won't be the only one. You one yourself?

Rex
11-12-2010, 09:10 AM
Yep, I'm a Computer Science & Engineering Tech major. Are you in a specific field of engineering, like mechanical?

dragongirl
11-12-2010, 09:14 AM
you got it spot on, I'm a mechanical engineer, in my second year doing Beng, Going for a masters degree

Venghze
11-12-2010, 10:02 AM
Hello and welcome! Im Venghze (try to pronounce it if you can, hehe). Im Herpy's Marshal, and administrator for the MSN chatrooms.

Psychology eh? Ive studied that myself, very interesting indeed, but I dropped it when they tried to tell me all feelings and such are only based by chemicals, there is no such a thing as a soul, etc. They tried to tell me to look at and handle humans like some kind of automated bio-robotic creature, not a living being with beliefs, heart and soul.

Generally, I dont do well with "Shrinks" but I hope we can become good friends. I love blowing things up, and next to that, setting things on fire!

Welcoming draggie hugs for you! :hugs:

Dracokon
11-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome. No, it shouldn't be a problem, as long as the community is moderate with it's interactions, had bad experiences before on forums.

Yes, I meant Psychology. I forgot to mention I'm dyslexic (probably spealt that wrong too), though my main love is engineering. I'm having to stop myself from going on at length about how wonderful I think machines are

We have a few users who are... "colorful" for lack of a better term, but overall I don't anticipate you having a negative experience here at all. If you're concerned about the male users bothering you constantly you can rest easy as many of them are M/M. (I happen to be one of them, kinda sorta.) XD

Anyway with that said it's great to see a new face, especially a girl. We don't get many girl members not just in the sense of this site but in the wide spectrum of the community!

Chalmrah
11-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Another british draggie! Who plays proper football.

Welcome to the forums. I'm currently in London myself.

Welcome to the forums :3 *licks*

dragongirl
11-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Hello and welcome! Im Venghze (try to pronounce it if you can, hehe). Im Herpy's Marshal, and administrator for the MSN chatrooms.

Psychology eh? Ive studied that myself, very interesting indeed, but I dropped it when they tried to tell me all feelings and such are only based by chemicals, there is no such a thing as a soul, etc. They tried to tell me to look at and handle humans like some kind of automated bio-robotic creature, not a living being with beliefs, heart and soul.

Generally, I dont do well with "Shrinks" but I hope we can become good friends. I love blowing things up, and next to that, setting things on fire!

Welcoming draggie hugs for you! :hugs:

Thanks

Well, I guess we shouldn't discuss the topic too much then, I personally think the idea is perfect and makes sence, that it is all chemical based, but then I like machines and such, so to be able to compare humans to them in such a refined manner does fit well with me, although I can understand if it doesn't for others

I hope though we can be friends too

dragongirl
11-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Another british draggie! Who plays proper football.

Welcome to the forums. I'm currently in London myself.

Welcome to the forums :3 *licks*

Who plays the proper football, yes I have to agree with that.

Thanks for the welcome, but I'm not a personal fan of the roleplaying sort of thing unless in designated forums, just a heads up

Scythe
11-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Sorry I haven gotten to say much yet, welcome! If you ever need a hug, you can get one (or more) from me, free of charge.

Looks like you have met Rex :3 you two would get along pretty good.

dragongirl
11-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Sorry I haven gotten to say much yet, welcome! If you ever need a hug, you can get one (or more) from me, free of charge.

Looks like you have met Rex :3 you two would get along pretty good.

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind

Oh cool. I'm guessing you two are friends then as well

Scythe
11-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Thanks, I'll bear that in mind

Oh cool. I'm guessing you two are friends then as well

Hehe!

You COULD say that.

...friends ;3

Nieragon
11-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Hi Dragongirl! :welcome:
Well it seems that we have quite a few members that have tried thier hand at psychology before, You fit in then, without a doubt.

Well, the last one I got was fable 3, but I have shooters like halo or borderlands, RPGs like fallout or oblivion, guitar hero, mass effect, brutal legend, half life, team fortress 2, left 4 dead, war for cybertron, I play a lot of different games
You have listed quite a few games that I enjoy, fable was just epic, only i have only played the first, second didn't come out on computer, I was shattered.. :razz: And the rest, borderlands, fallout (faves), and half life, among the rest i wish i had time for.. :lol:

And you are going for a masters in mechanical engineering, well, do you have any thoughts on what you would be designing/making? or will you just accept what comes your way when your get a job?

rep-souls
11-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Well welcome to herpy dragongirl. This is sure one... interesting introduction to say the least. However I'm happy that it is so informative, at least about yourself. I'll I suppose I should be polite and introduce myself, rep-souls at your service *bows courteously* heheeh well formalities aside, a mechanical engineer, that's a very interesting profession of choice. strong logic and reasoning, doing something worthwhile, sounds great :smile: Also very interesting to see that coupled with psychology, so you have me curious. What got you interested in the workings of the mostly irrational human mind when mechanics is at the opposite end of things with solid and concrete workings. However it is actually nice to see psychology driven from what we know chemically and rationally. I for one don't believe that's all there is for the human mind, but seeing what we can observe has identified and help cure diseases so I'm all for it. :abiggrin: Well this was maybe my longest post in an introduction... ever! well hope I didn't scare you off with that rant of questions and logic, heehaw especially considering everything here is reptiles, but eh my curiosity gets the better of me. Seeya around the forums!

(and as for the *bows courteously* really is there was an emote for it I would use it, but since there isn't well this makes up for it. No attempt at RP)

Wilk
11-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Hi i'm wilk. I'm writer(anyway i think i going to write something for ya guys:razz:)
Nice to see another member of herpy.
Psychology? I more like Philosophy :grin:.
I like computer games too, and some sport.

dragongirl
11-13-2010, 07:14 AM
Hehe!

You COULD say that.

...friends ;3

Oh I get what you're implying. That's cool

dragongirl
11-13-2010, 07:17 AM
Hi Dragongirl! :welcome:
Well it seems that we have quite a few members that have tried thier hand at psychology before, You fit in then, without a doubt.

You have listed quite a few games that I enjoy, fable was just epic, only i have only played the first, second didn't come out on computer, I was shattered.. :razz: And the rest, borderlands, fallout (faves), and half life, among the rest i wish i had time for.. :lol:

And you are going for a masters in mechanical engineering, well, do you have any thoughts on what you would be designing/making? or will you just accept what comes your way when your get a job?

It seems so, plenty of people are making me feel welcome

Yeah I like gaming, on multiple levels

well, Ideally I would like to work for someone like Jaguar, but I'm expecting my first few years to be just picking up what I can get, get some experience of it all

dragongirl
11-13-2010, 07:23 AM
Well welcome to herpy dragongirl. This is sure one... interesting introduction to say the least. However I'm happy that it is so informative, at least about yourself. I'll I suppose I should be polite and introduce myself, rep-souls at your service *bows courteously* heheeh well formalities aside, a mechanical engineer, that's a very interesting profession of choice. strong logic and reasoning, doing something worthwhile, sounds great :smile: Also very interesting to see that coupled with psychology, so you have me curious. What got you interested in the workings of the mostly irrational human mind when mechanics is at the opposite end of things with solid and concrete workings. However it is actually nice to see psychology driven from what we know chemically and rationally. I for one don't believe that's all there is for the human mind, but seeing what we can observe has identified and help cure diseases so I'm all for it. :abiggrin: Well this was maybe my longest post in an introduction... ever! well hope I didn't scare you off with that rant of questions and logic, heehaw especially considering everything here is reptiles, but eh my curiosity gets the better of me. Seeya around the forums!

(and as for the *bows courteously* really is there was an emote for it I would use it, but since there isn't well this makes up for it. No attempt at RP)

Nice to meet you too

Well I feel everything is dictated by logic, even seemingly irrational reactions have some logic to them. It's not to say people don't have free will, but every person is predictable and will follow certain patterns. That's the psychology I like

Certhern
11-13-2010, 08:48 AM
Determinism for the win, and also welcome to Herpy. I'm surprised to know engineering students like ourselves are such a significant portion of these forums. Maybe geeks just like them reptiles.

dragongirl
11-13-2010, 06:57 PM
Determinism for the win, and also welcome to Herpy. I'm surprised to know engineering students like ourselves are such a significant portion of these forums. Maybe geeks just like them reptiles.

I'm a bit suprised myself, but I'm happy for it. It could be something like that

Mydragonsfly
11-13-2010, 10:30 PM
Oh, I forgot to say. If anything in town gets set on fire, vandilized, or explodes, look for me. XD. In other words, I like things that explode.

Raven Heart
11-14-2010, 12:33 AM
Hi srry for being late but welcome XD

Nieragon
11-14-2010, 10:00 AM
Ohh Jaguar! I am guessing your talking about the car company. Fancy! :abiggrin:
Well I hope you manage to get work there, its good to see you are focused on your goals, you are going to carve up in life! :twothumbsup:

dragongirl
11-14-2010, 02:29 PM
Ohh Jaguar! I am guessing your talking about the car company. Fancy! :abiggrin:
Well I hope you manage to get work there, its good to see you are focused on your goals, you are going to carve up in life! :twothumbsup:

Well I only live a few miles away from one of their headquarters, so I occasionally go down there anyway

XenoSpyro
11-15-2010, 12:41 AM
Well, the last one I got was fable 3, but I have shooters like halo or borderlands, RPGs like fallout or oblivion, guitar hero, mass effect, brutal legend, half life, team fortress 2, left 4 dead, war for cybertron, I play a lot of different games. The only games I refuse to touch are call of duty for political reasons

Halo? Guitar Hero? Half-Life? me too! o=o [dies] xD
as for Cod, i dont get your reason but I'd avoid Modern Warfare 2 cuz its pure shit, well.. mainly the online.
Campaign and the other is okay! (kinda thinkin that black ops is gonna be dumb shit too)

You play Duke Nukem 3d at all?

Side note: Your an engineer? '=' Spy sapped your sentry xp

Ember
11-15-2010, 01:31 PM
Well hello there! You may call me Ember, and welcome to the forums. :3 Sorry for the late welcome.. I don't normally go onto the forum side of herpy. Dx

Another gal from England. :3 Well same here, you'll fit in just fine. And hows it over there in Birminham? Enjoying cadburys world? x3 I'm all down here in wiltshire, well, not too far down. xD

Feel right at home here, join herpy's msn chatroom if you'd like. c: We are all so friendly!

dragongirl
11-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Well hello there! You may call me Ember, and welcome to the forums. :3 Sorry for the late welcome.. I don't normally go onto the forum side of herpy. Dx

Another gal from England. :3 Well same here, you'll fit in just fine. And hows it over there in Birminham? Enjoying cadburys world? x3 I'm all down here in wiltshire, well, not too far down. xD

Feel right at home here, join herpy's msn chatroom if you'd like. c: We are all so friendly!

Ah cool, I was starting to think there actually weren't other girls here

haha, I've never actually been, as hard as that is to believe. Really should go at some point

Sure, but I don't really know how to enter them? This is the first I heard of them

Ember
11-15-2010, 03:26 PM
Ah cool, I was starting to think there actually weren't other girls here

haha, I've never actually been, as hard as that is to believe. Really should go at some point

Sure, but I don't really know how to enter them? This is the first I heard of them

Well, to enter the chatroom, you could ask the msn admin, Ven. I'm sure he can enter you c:

Scythe
11-15-2010, 04:04 PM
O,=,o

New friend to talk to??

*runs in circles*

dragongirl
11-16-2010, 04:48 AM
Well, to enter the chatroom, you could ask the msn admin, Ven. I'm sure he can enter you c:

erm, ven? Sorry, I haven't met that many people

Scythe
11-16-2010, 04:53 AM
She's referring to venghze, a member here.
He's the one you should pm if you're interested in joining the chat.

DragonCurse4
11-17-2010, 12:44 AM
Hello!! I'm new myself AND a girl also. It's nice to see another girl on here too! :-)

dragongirl
11-17-2010, 12:49 AM
Hello!! I'm new myself AND a girl also. It's nice to see another girl on here too! :-)

ah, what unusual timing. Nice to meet you too

Ember
11-17-2010, 01:25 AM

Hai there c:

The link to the Herpy chatroom is here if you are interested, and if you have msn x3 http://cid-00096f965515a3b6.groups.live.com/

dragongirl
11-17-2010, 01:36 AM
Hai there c:

The link to the Herpy chatroom is here if you are interested, and if you have msn x3 http://cid-00096f965515a3b6.groups.live.com/

well, I'm on that page, but I can't see any sign of a chatroom, not sure where I'd need to go

Venghze
11-17-2010, 02:00 AM
You need to have Windows Live Messenger installed. I can see you have applied and been accepted into all 3 rooms.

Start WL Messenger, make sure you can see the category "Groups" (can be found under Settings).

After that, just click the chatroom like to start any other conversation and Boom, you're in!

HalouDoval
11-17-2010, 05:48 AM
Obviously, I'm new here. First off, yes, I'm really a girl (not sure quite how much of a revelation that is on these forums, in some there are very few girls). I'm an engineering undergraduate at birmingham, doing a secondary in phycology, and my interests are dragons, machines in general, games (both plying, and the phycological impact of them), football (brittish football if anyone is wondering), and a few other non-descript things. I hope I can be a productive member of the community here
Sorry for being so late in making a reply, I haven't been on recently :cry:

Welcome.
You say you're in Birmingham, eh?:woot: I live in the UK too, just so you know :blushing:

Again :welcome:. And sorry for being so late about it.

Ember
11-17-2010, 11:38 AM
You say you're in Birmingham, eh?:woot: I live in the UK too, just so you know

You live in England too? 8D Where abouts?

HalouDoval
11-18-2010, 11:56 PM
You live in England too? 8D Where abouts?
Cambridgeshire :-P

Se1fD3struct1on
11-22-2010, 06:59 AM
[QUOTE=dragongirl;23703]

Have a 360 myself as well, but don't have live. Got sick of the sexist slander thrown my way every day. As for the football, it's completely different. It's called soccer over there, if you didn't guess, but if I need to explain it further, I will

QUOTE]

yeah!!! us europeans understand each other