PDA

View Full Version : K-9 Reporting

The Giant Claw
11-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Good day!

After a few days of watching this site I decided to join the fun. It seems like this forum has the most friendly community that I have seen on any other forum.

About my self:

I am 20 years old.
I am very shy. I am not very open to people because I consider my self a bit different
My favorite creatures are Dragons and human sized Dinosaurs. I have a lot of fantasies about them.
I often play PC games and watch movies. I like "the old stuff" so I it is normal for me to play old games (X-Com Apocalypse, The Neverhood and much more) or watch very old movies (Like Tingler from 1959, The Incredible Shrinking Man from 1957 and so on...). I was the only one in my class at high school to watch such an old movies.
I love Gallery on this site
I consider my self as a creative person but I don't have an eye for drawing creatures

I don't think that is all I wanted to say. Maybe I will add more text later.
Also I am sorry for my bad English. I read a lot articles written in English so I am a good reader but a bad writer.

Mydragonsfly
11-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Good day to you too! K-9, woof woof is what came to mind. Well gald to have another member around here. Welcome to Herpy. Before here I was kinda like you, though once I got to talking I became a more talkitave person. Its even helped me talk to others around me. I myself show my creative self through my stories. Fanfiction section if you want. And about your english, most people say that they have bad spelling (Myself included) but dont worry. If you want any dragon pictueres feel free to send me a PM.

KAK0
11-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Hey, welcome, i joined a couple of days ago myself. Don't worry, i don't see any problems with your english so don't worry about that. Its all of our spelling that you have to watch out for XD I hope you find it fun and entertaining on this site. I hope we meet online sometime!

The Giant Claw
11-04-2010, 10:34 PM
Thank you for your warm welcome!

Mydragonsfly
Thank you for your kindness but I already have a lot of cool pictures so I don't need more :)
But I am looking forward to read your stories.

Kako
I am glad to know you!
I am doing my best to spell everything right but my primary language is very different from English so it takes some time.

Raven Heart
11-05-2010, 01:50 AM
welcome to herpy hop you`l have a great time here

rep-souls
11-05-2010, 02:02 AM
hehehe well k-9 hehehe sorry for asking but would you mind letting out what that original language is :razz: Hehehe just curious is all, and no need to be shy, you've already seen the wonderful gallery that we all love, so feel free to get comfy. Now on a side note, let me say YAY! hehehe I'm not the only person in the world who's heard of the Neverhood! Awesome! well I at least appreciate your taste in media, so I hope to seeya around :hugs:

KAK0
11-05-2010, 02:06 AM
you've already seen the wonderful gallery that we all love, so feel free to get comfy.

I second that statement :P

It would be nice to know what your original language is. Anyway TTYL

The Giant Claw
11-05-2010, 03:49 AM
rep-souls, Kako:
I speak Slovak Language. "Good day" in English means "Dobrư deň" in Slovak Language.
I also speak Czech Language because it is very similar to Slovak.

Raven Heart:
Thanks! :)

Edit: Kako:
Your avatar is Draco from Dragon Heart. That movie was shot in my country. One of my favorite movies ;)

Karthan
11-05-2010, 04:00 AM
Welcome K-9! make yourself at home!

Maraxxus
11-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Welcome to the forums.

Mydragonsfly
11-05-2010, 08:55 PM
rep-souls, Kako:
I speak Slovak Language. "Good day" in English means "Dobrư deň" in Slovak Language.
I also speak Czech Language because it is very similar to Slovak.

Raven Heart:
Thanks! :)

Your avatar is Draco from Dragon Heart. That movie was shot in my country. One of my favorite movies ;)

Yeah, I knew I reckonized that face somewhere. We got a few pics of him in the gallery. >http://www.herpy.net/gallery/search.php?sessionid=3b2ef8da00234b8396bab689627b1 2b0
Almost if not, just as good looking as me. :)

Edit: Portrait Of A Lad is where where I think Kako got his avvie!
> http://www.herpy.net/gallery/details.php?image_id=8663&mode=search

And to do with the movie > http://www.herpy.net/gallery/details.php?image_id=8943&mode=search

KAK0
11-05-2010, 08:56 PM
rep-souls, Kako:

I LOVE DRAGONHEART TOO. ITS AWESOME :D And it is cool that it was filmed in your country!
And yes the avatar is of Draco :)

The Giant Claw
11-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Yeah, I knew I reckonized that face somewhere. We got a few pics of him in the gallery. >http://www.herpy.net/gallery/search.php?sessionid=3b2ef8da00234b8396bab689627b1 2b0
Almost if not, just as good looking as me. :)

Edit: Portrait Of A Lad is where where I think Kako got his avvie!
> http://www.herpy.net/gallery/details.php?image_id=8663&mode=search

And to do with the movie > http://www.herpy.net/gallery/details.php?image_id=8943&mode=search

Thank you for those links but the first one is not working for me but I have seen Draco in Gallery many times :-). (I can view that link when I quote your post)

Actually I have never seen cover art for DragonHeart. I have it stored on my VHS. (I still wonder what was Draco's original "unspeakable" name.)

When browsing those movie posters I found this The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms (http://www.herpy.net/gallery/details.php?image_id=8930&mode=search)!
Awesome movie!

I LOVE DRAGONHEART TOO. ITS AWESOME :D And it is cool that it was filmed in your country!
And yes the avatar is of Draco :)

I have never seen a better Dragon movie since it was aired on TV here (around 10 years ago). by the way How To Train Your Dragon was awesome too but I don't like the look of Toothless (the Dragon) but his personality was interesting.

Maraxxus, Karthan:
Thanks! :-)

Nieragon
11-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Welcome K-9! :welcome:

You dont seem shy at all, your doing fine, we are all friendly and we are easy to get along with, but you can already see that cant you. :abiggrin:

Its great to see you have started to settle in already, hope you enjoy what our community has to offer. :new wink:

Take it easy.
(http://www.herpy.net/member.php?4083-K-9)

The Giant Claw
11-09-2010, 05:46 AM
You dont seem shy at all, your doing fine

Thanks for Your welcome!
I don't seems to be shy because You don't see how much time it takes me to write something. It takes me a lot of minutes to write one simple post because I am rewriting it all the time before posting it. Thats why I sometimes write about different things from one sentence to another.

Its great to see you have started to settle in already, hope you enjoy what our community has to offer.

Yes I do! :-)

Certhern
11-09-2010, 10:17 AM
I don't seems to be shy because You don't see how much time it takes me to write something. It takes me a lot of minutes to write one simple post because I am rewriting it all the time before posting it. Thats why I sometimes write about different things from one sentence to another.
Ah, I do the same thing too. But that's only because I am a sucker for grammar.

Do most Slovaks know how to speak English? Yours is very good, so I am curious about English education in small countries that only speak their own language.

Welcome to the forums, K-9. Care to explain your username for us?

Nieragon
11-09-2010, 03:17 PM
I don't seems to be shy because You don't see how much time it takes me to write something.

Well it doesn't show, It doesn't matter if you make a mistake or something.. You will get to know us all and you will be fine. :abiggrin:

And yeah, I take a long time to write a message to.. :razz:

The Giant Claw
11-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Do most Slovaks know how to speak English? Yours is very good, so I am curious about English education in small countries that only speak their own language.

Most young Slovak students speaks English since elementary school. In my case I studied English since I was 7 years old. I don't know how to compare our education system to other states in Europe. It could be better but English is the most useful knowledge that school ever gave me.

If you live in a small country like my own then it is a must to know at least one world language.

Welcome to the forums, K-9. Care to explain your username for us?

Thank You for Your welcome! I have nothing to explain regarding my username because I am using it only for this site. I came up with it when registering here.