PDA

View Full Version : Hello There. :)

lizzerd
07-23-2010, 05:42 AM
I'm lizzerd. Uninteresting name, I know. I've been a scalie for a long time, and been drawing art for a long time too, but i've always been a little... ambivalent about joining Herpy, because my art is pretty strange and may not fit in very well.

My characters don't have tails, for example, and aren't really recognizable as any particular type of saurians. They're meant to be a sort of creature that evolved into an intelligent, sentient state from some non-specific species of two-legger dinosaurs, and stylistically, they incorporate a fairly realistic artistic approach to what is an overall toony style.

Here's my Herpy gallery. I can't seem to get into it presently, but i'm looking to add a few more things once that's cleared up. :)

EDIT: Gallery link didn't work. Here's an image link instead.

gallery/details.php?image_id=1558 (http://www.herpy.net/gallery/details.php?image_id=1558)

Here's my FA as well.

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/lizzerd/

Xavos
07-23-2010, 05:58 AM
I can somewhat explain your gallery problem. At one point hackers found an exploit in the way forum and gallery accounts were linked, long story short the site went down for a long time while it was fixed. The end result was that the gallery account is now seperate from the forum account. I'm not sure if just making a gallery account will help or not, best to wait to see what Ethology says on it.

Dracokon
07-23-2010, 06:00 AM
Wow a 5 year discrepancy between joining and introductions. A new record! XD

Welcome to the forums. :3

Chompy
07-23-2010, 06:03 AM
Heya :) Welcome to Herpy lizzerd!

I hope you enjoy your time here at herpy!

I've got to say; I like your art allot! It has a very surrealistic feel about it and it's quite interesting!

Anywho, Hope to see you around!

Nieragon
07-23-2010, 10:01 AM
Ok you have obliviously been here longer than me.. do I welcome you or do you welcome me? :lol:

Its great to see you have decided to become a bigger part of Herpy lizzerd.

You should know better than thinking your art didn't have a place here, we are for everything reptile! :abiggrin:

Hope to hear more from ya, dont be shy, we all have the love of scales here! :hugs:

lizzerd
07-26-2010, 05:42 AM
Yay, thanks everyone! :)

Wow a 5 year discrepancy between joining and introductions. A new record! XD

Woohoo, I hold the Record! ...Is that a good thing..?

I've got to say; I like your art allot! It has a very surrealistic feel about it and it's quite interesting!

Thank you so much! :) I'm not at all sensitive about my art, so it doesn't really bother me if someone doesn't like it, but it makes me so happy when someone Does enjoy it. I've been drawing it well before I ever met other scalies or knew there was such a thing, or even got online, so I used to feel very alone about liking this stuff. It makes me happy to know others like it too.

Ok you have obliviously been here longer than me.. do I welcome you or do you welcome me? :lol:

We can welcome each other! WELCOME! :cheers:

And thank you. I'll certainly pop in sometimes, and hope to make a few friends. :) I tend to spread myself too thin online sometimes, which is probably how I managed to totally forget about this place for such a long time.

Chompy
07-26-2010, 05:50 AM
I tend to spread myself too thin online sometimes, which is probably how I managed to totally forget about this place for such a long time.

Ohh you can't do that! You need to come back here more often! Interesting art always has an interesting artist behind them :P and I love interesting people, It would be a pleasure to get to know such an artist slightly better :)

Nieragon
07-26-2010, 09:27 AM
We can welcome each other! WELCOME! :cheers:
Agreed.. WELCOME! :abiggrin:

so I used to feel very alone about liking this stuff. It makes me happy to know others like it too.
Awww, just like me..... and probably most of Herpy to! :rofl:

Nerail
07-26-2010, 07:37 PM
welcome to herpy. im reletively new here too so all i have to say is all us scalies are very nice and friendly so enjoy you stay and get to know some of us

Salamander
07-26-2010, 07:45 PM
hello lizzerd hope you enjoy you stay m8

Maraxxus
07-28-2010, 01:37 PM
Rawr Lizzerd, have a good time in here! Rawrawr